As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active. Here are some resources for you to keep moving and have fun!
As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active. Please note that Joplin Parks & Recreation does not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
(Disclaimer: Individuals should consult their physician before starting any exercise program or changing their diet to limit risks of injury).
Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs - Little Baby Bum (YouTube)
- Storyline Online (YouTube). Stream videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations
- Storytelling - Story Time from Space (YouTube)
- Songs, videos, and printable activities - Pete The Cat. Episodes also available on Amazon Prime Video
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos
- Go Noodle - Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts.
- Fitness Blender for Kids - Free fitness videos
- Fluency and Fitness - Educational brain breaks to help students review essential literacy and math skills, while getting in some exercise. Find over 900 videos to help your child keep learning at home and burn off some extra energy. Our site is best used for ages 4-8.
- Little Twisters Yoga - Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans
- Mini Me Music - Music & dance
- National Geographic for Kids - Science & Discovery
- The OT Tool Box - At home OT, PT, and ST resources designed to build skills in children through movement and play.
- Take a Virtual Fitness Class - There are plenty of FREE options online. Here are just a few:
- YouTube Home Workout Routines - Many workouts to choose from, ranging from 10-30 minutes. No equipment necessary.
- Jazzercise streaming service, 14-day free trial
- Yoga with Bird (YouTube)
- Sweat with SELF (YouTube)
- Silver Sneakers (YouTube) - Designed for adults 65+
Going stir crazy inside the house? Soaking up some sunlight and enjoying some fresh air is still possible even with the Social Distancing Requirements. Please abide by social distancing requirements and be mindful of others’ safety as well as your own.
- Visit a local park! Our parks are free and still open to the public, with the exception of restrooms.
- Walk on one of the area trails! Check out the Joplin Trails Coalition for more info!
- Walk/run around your neighborhood and say hi (from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside too.
- Go for a drive.