FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 19, 2018
SUBJECT: Structure Fire 309 S Michigan
- CONTACT: Keith Stammer, Public Information Officer
- The Joplin Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 309 S Michigan Ave. on Monday, 19 March, at 5:04 AM. The first crew arrived at 5:09 AM and found a single-story wood framed structure with heavy smoke and flames showing. An occupant advised that everyone was safely out of the structure. Fire fighters made an interior attack and extinguished the main source of the fire, as well as numerous hot spots. In the initial phase of the fire the structure located next door at 305 S Michigan sustained damage to an exterior wall, including melted vinyl siding. Crews remained on scene until 8:11 AM.
- The house was occupied by Tondra Haley at the time of the fire. It is owned by Anglin Bobby of Dallas TX. There were no injuries to civilians or firefighting crews.
- The Fire Department responded with 6 apparatus and 15 personnel and was assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service.
- The cause of fire was ruled undetermined.
- For more information, contact the Joplin Fire Department at 623-0403 or 624-0820 ext. 1300.