FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 31, 2018
SUBJECT: Medical Call
CONTACT: Keith Stammer, Joplin Fire Department Public Information Officer
On Thursday, May 31, 2018, at approximately 1:07 PM the Joplin Fire Department responded to a report of a strong natural gas odor coming from the fitness center of the La Quinta Inn, 3320 S South Rangeline Road. The crew arrived on scene at 1:11 PM and detected high levels of Carbon Monoxide in the area around the pool/fitness center. The source was isolated to a pool heating element. MGE secured the heating element. Three people were treated on scene and released. Units remained on scene until 2:27 PM
The Joplin Fire Department responded with 2 units and 5 personnel and were assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service and MGE.
For any additional information, please contact the La Quinta Inn.