Proposition Action FAQs
- What is the Use Tax listed as “City of Joplin Proposition Action” on the November 2, 2021 ballot?
- Will the Use Tax apply if I buy something from a Missouri retailer?
- Will the Use Tax apply to every purchase made from out-of-state vendors?
- Why does Joplin need a Use Tax?
- Will the Use Tax have other local benefits?
- Doesn’t Amazon already collect this use tax?
- What is the rate of the Use Tax?
- I don’t buy anything online. How will it affect me?
- Is this a new Sales Tax?
- I already pay Sales Tax on purchases, is this the same thing?
- How much will the City of Joplin receive from a local Use Tax?
- How would the Use Tax revenues be spent in the City’s Budget?
- How will the Use Tax revenues be used?
- What happens if the Proposition Action fails?
- When do I vote on this issue?
- How does the ballot question read?
- How do I vote Absentee for the November 2, 2021 election?