Immunizations for Children and Adults
The Health Department provides children and adult immunizations. Keeping your immunizations current provides the maximum protection against many diseases that can be life threatening.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (417) 623-6122.Children under the age of 18 must have their shot record as well as be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or an adult with written permission in order to give consent. The following vaccinations are available per eligibility requirements.
Child and Adolescent Vaccinations
Vaccines available include those recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Vaccinations are provided through three program options. A $13.00 copay may be charged to the client depending on eligibility. Please call us at (417) 623-6122 to discuss the options and to schedule an appointment.
1. The Vaccines For Children (VFC) Program provides vaccines for children age 18 and under who meet one of the following criteria. If VFC eligible, there are no fees for cost of the vaccine, only for the administration of the vaccine, which is $13.00 per child per visit.
2. Vaccinations covered by insurance. Fees for these vaccinations are dependent upon insurance coverages.
3. Cash payment as needed depending on the person's situation.
Adult vaccinations are provided through two program options. Please call us at (417) 623-6122 to discuss the options and to make an appointment.
1. Vaccinations covered by insurance. Fees for these vaccinations are dependent upon insurance coverages and will be processed through a program called Vaxcare.
2. Uninsured individuals may qualify for federally-provided vaccines if certain eligibility requirements are met.
|Vaccine Charge||Administration Charge|
|Adults with Medicaid||Billed to Medicaid||Billed to Medicaid|
|Adults with Medicare||Billed to Vaxcare||Billed Vaxcare|
|Adults Insured with Full Immunization Coverage||Billed to Insurance through Vaxcare||Billed to Insurance through Vaxcare|
|Adults without Insurance or with Partial Insurance Coverage||Current Vaccine Cost-|
Uninsured individuals may qualify for select immunizations at no charge for the vaccine
|$13.00 per person|
|Travel Vaccinations||Current Vaccine Cost||$13.00 per vaccination|