What should I do if I get an animal bite?
Bite reports are investigated by the Joplin Animal Control Division. To report an animal bite, please call (417) 623-6122 (after hours or weekends, call (417) 623-3131). Reported animals are confined for a rabies observation period by the Joplin Health Department. For information concerning confinement, please call the Joplin Humane Society at (417) 623-3642. If there is no answer, please call (417) 623-3131.

Show All Answers

1. What is public health?
2. What services does the health department provide to the community?
3. How can I access more FAQs by category?
4. What should I do if I get an animal bite?
5. How can I contact animal control?
6. Where can I learn about animal ownership and care?
7. Is there an animal shelter in town?
8. Where can I get a dog or cat license?
9. What laws does the city have regarding dogs?
10. Are their regulations on stray dogs and rabies control?